I have loved art for as long as I can remember. I started drawing and painting in high school and continued along that path in college, majoring in Commercial Art for a short time. Life took me in a different direction and I completed college over twenty years later with a degree in Information System Management. I enjoyed a career in this field for many years before returning to my first love. My early education had provided instruction in drawing, design and oil painting; however, it did not include watercolor painting. I began studying watercolor with local instructors and attending workshops by nationally acclaimed artists. Watercolor proved to be both challenging and rewarding for me. It renders the most beautiful fluid transparency and brilliant color when used correctly. It is now my medium of choice for most projects. Painting almost every day, I am inspired by the beauty of nature, interesting people and architecture.
Finding new and exciting ways to express them is a continuing journey.
- 1991 - BS degree, Information System Management, State University New York at Buffalo
- 1986 - AS degree, Business Management, Empire State College, Lockport, New York
- 1974 - Oil Painting, John Tyler Community College, Colonial Heights, VA
- 1967 - 1968 Commercial Art Major, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Halifax County Arts Council
- North Carolina Watercolor Society
- Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society - 2004 thru 2006 (Signature Member)
- Williamsville Art Society, Williamsville, New York - 2004, 2005
- Durham Art Guild
Gail creates portraits, house portraits and other subjects from your photographs. Email her for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about specific paintings or details on commision portraits and my original watercolors please contact me: email@example.com